Saturday, February 14, 2009

Everything's OK

Well my Mom had her operation yesterday to remove the benign tumor from her brain and it looks like things went about as good as we could have hoped. She is in recovery right now with my Dad by her side and we'll plan on visiting her several times during her stay in the hospital over the next couple of days. The next few days should also tell us exactly how well things actually went and what the future holds for my Mom. At this point I feel as though our prayers were answered and that things are going to be OK.

On the Harper front our little tyrant continues to rule the roost. She also continues developing at a furious rate and has just added clapping to her ever growing repertoire of essential life skills. Over the last couple of weeks she has also taken quite a liking to being held by me, which Erica and I suspect has something to do with the way I hold her, which is essentially however she wants to be held. When Erica holds her it is kind of in one position, but I let her squirm all around, which she does in order to get at what she wants. I feel a bit like a mobile wheelchair with Harper as my occupant. Still, it is very cute to see her get excited to leap out of Mommy's arms into mine. I think we're in for some trouble at this rate.

For now I leave you with this photo of the the current President and Vice President of the "Too Cool For You Club."

5 comments:

RT said...

Tom, reminds me a bit of an old Tom Cruise movie poster...

Jan said...

Tom, I'm glad your Mom is doing well. We were thinking about her and hoing that all went as hoped!

You and Harper do look 2 Cool!

Denise P said...

So, are you ejoying your roll as VP Tom?

Tom said...

Yeah it's not bad. The Pres runs a tight ship.

betsey said...

Glad to hear that Tom's mom is improving. Great news!

Love the Harper update and pics below as well. She is so cute! I love that smile!