Friday, May 20, 2011

Harper update

I have had several people comment to me lately how much better Harper's scars are looking, so I thought I'd do a little update on her.
The scars are pretty faded and not very noticeable.  I haven't had a stranger ask me what happened in a few weeks, although Harper mentions the incident frequently.  She doesn't seem too traumatized but if she sees a picture of her right after the dog bite she gets upset.  Here's a photo comparing how she looked the day of the dog bite, two weeks later, and then a zoomed in version of the above photo which was taken 2 months later.  It's amazing how fast she has healed.
You can see the scar on her nose, the long one on her upper lip, a couple of punctures on her upper lip, and then she has a small scar on the edge of her bottom lip.  The plastic surgeon told me that the most difficult part about repairing an injury like this is getting her lip lined up exactly right.  She did a great job.

Harper is such a sweet (and crazy) girl and such a great big sister.  This is Jonah and Harper at the park yesterday.
Jonah pretty much thought this was the best thing in the whole world.

5 comments:

Melody said...

They both look so sweet together. I am sure glad to see the scars are healing up well. I worry about it a lot. She is such a cute girl. We love and miss you all!

KB said...

The pic of them on the swing turned out so cute!

RT said...

Thanks for the pics and the update. The swing picture is priceless.

Doris said...

Hurray for young skin and rapid healing. The swing picture is so sweet. Her love for Jonah is obvious.

Jan said...

You have such sweet children! It is obvious they adore each other!

Glad those scars are healing up!