Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting!

Tom, Harper, and I walked over and voted this morning. We ended up waiting in line for a little under 2 hours, which actually seemed to go pretty quickly except for the part where Harper was screaming because she needed a nap. Here are Harper and Tom in line prior to the screaming:
The line was mostly young-ish people and plenty of other strollers with screaming babies. The line went down the block and wrapped around the corner a little ways.Afterwards we enjoyed a lovely breakfast at IHOP in celebration of not having to wait in line any more. On our way there we saw a plane flying with this sign (click the photo to make it bigger):We also saw several of our fellow ward members waving "Yes on Prop 8" signs at a busy intersection.

This was actually the first presidential election in which either of us have actually gone to the polls. We have both only been old enough to vote in 2 presidential elections and in 2004 Tom had just gotten home from his mission and I did an absentee ballot. Don't forget to vote today! The lines may be long, but it is important!

Also, I thought this is funny so I wanted to share. Tom has a Tuesday night class and, because we are going to be watching the election results at a friend's house tonight, he emailed his professor to let him know that he wasn't going to be in class. This was his professor's response:

Ok - wish I could go with you.

1 comment:

Melody said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I had no waiting time for voting. I walked right up, signed the registry, then walked right up to a machine. I guess I chose the right time to vote. My voting location is the building right next to my school. I walked over during my prep period, expecting a crowd. I was pleasantly surprised.