Friday, December 05, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm sorry, I've been a bad blogger.

We had a great Thanksgiving with Tom's parents in Bakersfield. It was nice to have a quiet, low stress holiday with just the five of us. Harper LOVED all of the attention that she got and I think she enjoyed her first Thanksgiving. While we were there Harper discovered the joy of gnawing on an apple slice:
and watching Wall-E:
and wearing Daddy's hat:
and hanging out with Gramps:
and making headbands with Grandma:
I used a sewing machine for the first time while we were there and my wonderful mother-in-law helped me sew Harper a couple of headbands. Thank you so much, they are great!

We also enjoyed a little black Friday shopping at Costco. It was amazing that the Bakersfield Costco was basically deserted the day after Thanksgiving compared to the LA Costco in which we could hardly get through the aisles yesterday because it was so crowded (at 11am on a Thursday morning).

3 comments:

Jenna said...

You know I read somewhere, or someone told me (ok, so this really doesn't sound that credible, but I swear it was) that our good old Marina Del Rey Costco was the busiest in the US. Maybe we should verify that, but I believe it!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Everyone in Bakersfield was at Walmart or Target. Plus, we went to a Costco sort of out of the way...the one on Roseday Hy is always busier. Good shopping for us!

Jan said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Love the headbands!!!