- We have been struggling to get Harper to eat non-pureed foods, but we have found one thing that she loves: cream cheese sandwiches. I know it's kind of weird, but she eats one of these every day with her lunch and she will just sit quietly in her high chair holding her little sandwich in her hands taking tiny little bites for about 20 minutes.
- We recently noticed that Harper no longer gets mistaken for a boy. Yay!
- Harper loves to wave and say hi to people. We will just be standing in line at the grocery store and I will look at her and see her waving at the people behind us.
- She also loves to swing. We usually make at least one trip to the swings every day.
- Harper has absolutely no interest in walking. Her pseudo-crawling method has become faster and more efficient and she pulls herself up pretty well, but she is very timid about taking steps.
- She is a daddy's girl.
- Even though she is perfectly capable of saying "dada," she leaves off the first "d" when referring to Tom and the first "m" when saying "mama."
- She likes to give hugs (putting her head down on your chest) and kisses (biting your nose, I don't know why she does this).
- She enjoys standing, playing, and dancing along with her new music table that my Dad got her for her birthday.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Happy Birthday Harper!
Wow, I can't believe it has been a year already. We feel so lucky to have Harper in our lives. She never ceases to amaze us with how much she already knows and understands, how funny her little personality she is, and how loud she can squeal. Unfortunately she woke up with the sniffles this morning and spent most of the day wanting to be held and then sneezing all over us. Despite that, we still had fun going for walks and going to see the dogs at the pet store in the mall (she loves dogs). Here are some things that have been going on with Harper lately: