On April 22nd Harper turned 5 and she was SO EXCITED SHE COULD HARDLY STAND IT.
1. We think she has outgrown her milk allergy! She has been having a little cheese here and there for a while, but she has recently been drinking milk with no problems. Now if she would just outgrow the rest of her allergies.
2. She has not outgrown her love of goldfish crackers. They are still her favorite food.
3. She always wants to have a "fun day" and is constantly asking what we are going to do to make the day fun.
5. Now that she is 5 she likes to pick her own outfit every day. Actually several outfits throughout the day. Tom says she dresses like a bag lady.
6. She is a little bit OCD.
7. She wants me to add that her favorite candy is candy corn.
9. She is very literal and does not like to do much pretend play. Jonah will pretend to be a tiger and Harper gets mad and tells him he is not a tiger.
10. She likes to ride her bike.
12. She is very bossy (I'm sure she gets that from me) and she loves to tell Jonah what to do.
13. She is fairly small for her age. She is 42 inches (39th percentile) and 36 pounds (25th percentile).
15. She is very concious of her allergies and she constantly asks to make sure that nothing has peanuts in it. She had a fairly severe reaction to cashews a few months ago and I think it really scared her.
16. She is very sweet and kind. The other day we were going for a walk and the kids were eating granola bars. Jonah dropped his on the ground so we threw it away and he was really sad. Harper gave him the rest of her granola bar. She does things like this pretty often.
18. She loves to make up songs. She will go on and on singing about random things.
19. She loves to read and be read to. She does a great job of making up stories based on photos.
21. She is much more social than I am and really enjoys being around other people.
22. She is a total Daddy's girl. When he is around she doesn't want anything to do with me.
24. She remembers EVERYTHING.
25. She is very good about helping clean up and generally cleans up Jonah's mess as well. She is such a great helper.
We love Harper so much. The evening of her birthday I was explaining to her that the next day wouldn't be her birthday anymore and she got really distressed. It turns out she thought I was telling her that she would have to go back to being 4 :)