Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

Well, we have had a very eventful last couple days. We left LA at 4am yesterday and arrived in Salt Lake at 5pm last night to a full house. My mom's family was having our family Christmas party and the house was packed with aunts, uncles, grandparents, and cousins when we arrived. We did a gift exchange and enjoyed a nice dinner. It was very nice to see my family. I feel like my little sisters have grown six inches since the last time I saw them.

Later that evening we got a call that my sister Aubrie was in labor. Since Tom and I were exhausted we went to bed instead of heading over to the hospital, but we were woken up around 5am to be told that she had given birth at 3:35am on Christmas Eve to Hailey Elizabeth.

Sunday we woke up early to go to my parent's ward. Afterwards we headed down to Orem to visit Tom's grandmother. We had enjoyed visiting her frequently while we were living in Provo over the summer, so we delighted to be able to visit with her on our brief little trip.

Afterwards we made our way over to the hospital to visit Aubrie. Hailey is sooooo cute. She was very still and quiet (but I'm sure that won't last too long). Pictures included below.

We then visited with my step-grandparents in Murray (which was near the hospital) and then came home for a lovely prime rib dinner. Tom and I have (essentially) given up eating red meat so we were a little apprehensive of the meal, but it was delicious

Now we are relaxing. My sister Kara (who just finished cosmetology school) just gave me a much-needed hair cut and she is currently trimming Tom's. The next couple days should be just as busy as the last so I will try to update this week after we get back to LA.

1. goofy picture of me with my mom and Eric (sorry, didn't take the time to fix the red eyes)
2. me with my grandparents (my grandmother fell down the stairs the other day, she doesn't usually look that bruised)
3. My cousin Hayley hugging a little Santa Claus
4. Tom and I with his grandmother in Orem
5. My new niece
6. Me holding my new niece











1 comment:

Tom said...

Wow who took that amazing picture of the niece? It must have been Tom.

-Tom