Sunday, January 13, 2008

25 Weeks

Well, my mom asked for an updated picture so I guess I'll post one. I don't think it really looks any different than the last one I posted at 21 weeks.
Everything is going well with the pregnancy. My only real complaint is that my left thigh goes numb every time I sit down. It's annoying, but life could be a lot worse. My appetite has also increased quite a bit over the last week or so. I have started to get a little nervous and have started to get worried about getting everything ready for the baby. We spent most of an entire day last week at Ikea picking out a dresser/changing table and then putting it together. I was so exhausted after that experience that I couldn't imagine doing all of that when I'm further along. Here's the dresser that we chose out, along with some cute animal photos that Tom chose for the baby's room:
Actually, Tom is calling the room the "maybe room" which stands for the man-baby room. We don't have a crib yet, but when we got one it will go next to the dresser. The other half of the room is occupied by Tom's computer desk and other electronic equipment.

In non-baby news, Tom started back at school this week. He only has class on Tuesday and Thursday so he has taken over helping out with more of the cooking and cleaning which has been fantastic. Work is still the same for me. It has been really slow so the weeks have been passing slowly.

Yesterday Tom's parents came down to visit. We had a nice dinner and then watched Fever Pitch at our apartment. They brought with them a bounty of citrus fruit from their backyard. This is what we have left after we shared with our home teachers. Delicious.

5 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

You look great. I love your dresser. Don't you love Ikea. I only wish we lived closer to one.

Jan said...

Dresser looks nice! And so does the fruit! You look great, too!

The Thomases said...

I'm glad to hear that you guys are a little behind on baby shopping too. The only things we have are a few random outfits, a jonny jump up, bathtub, and baby bjorn. Yeah, we need to do some major baby shopping!!

Ryan + Jess said...

When I was pregnant, citrus fruit always sounded good to me. You are lucky to have the real stuff!
And you look so great.
Get as much done as you can now because soon you will only feel like sleeping and eating (a slight exaggeration, but pretty close to the truth!)

Anonymous said...

MAN baby room? Is this wishful thinking on Father Tom's part, or is he under some delusion? Do we need to educate him about the differences?
Erica, you look terrific.