Monday, December 31, 2007

Best of 2007

I think that 2007 has to be my best year yet. Here are a few things that made this year great (I'm sure I missed a few things, but here are the highlights):

January 2007: We found out that Tom got a 4.0 his first semester in law school. The second best thing I found out all year (see August 2007).

January 2007: We celebrated my 23rd birthday. I don't remember what we did, but I'm sure it was wonderful.

March 2007: Tom and I celebrate our first anniversary.
May 2007: We vacationed in San Diego.
May 2007: My mom and stepdad visit from Utah.
Summer 2007: Tom worked for Irell and Manella in Century City. This was a great experience for both of us. Tom gained experience, we both met many new people, we tried all kinds of new restaurants, saw Wicked, and we took trips to Mammoth and Newport Beach. We were both very impressed with the firm.
July 2007: We spent the 4th of July weekend in Crestline with Tom's family. This was the first time I had seen several of them since our wedding and it was great to get to know everyone better.
July 2007: We moved into our new apartment. Which we love.
August 2007: We found out that we're going to have a baby :)
September 2007: We discovered our new favorite ice cream. We don't keep ice cream around very often, but this stuff is good.
Ice Cream Sandwich Ice Cream

November 2007: We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Utah.
December 2007: I started to get fat. This is me at 21 weeks (about 2 weeks ago)
December 2007: We celebrated Tom's 25th birthday with a wonderful dinner at C&O Trattoria. Yum. We sat on the patio and it started raining so it was quite an adventure, but we had a great time.
December 2007: Christmas with Tom's family in Bakersfield. This is two of our nieces, Sydney and Emma, playing with bubble wrap.
Overall, a pretty great year. We are looking forward to 2008 and all of the new things that will happen. We will become parents and Tom will begin his final year of law school, so hopefully next year will be even better than this one.

4 comments:

Shelly and Ken said...

Wow, sounds like you guys had an exciting, fun, and busy year. Hoping the new year is filled with as much happy news and adventures.

Shelly and Ken said...

So I'm bummed. The ice cream you discovered looks really yummy, but it says that they don't carry that flavor in our area.

Jan said...

Sounds like 2007 was a great year for you - hope 2008 is even better! Love that baby bump!

Ryan + Jess said...

ok, I am so glad that you found me! thanks for the comment - I am going to link to your blog right now!

congrats on the baby! they are so much fun!!! You look so great :)