Thursday, January 31, 2008

very . . . slow. . . workday

I am sitting at my desk at work and there is absolutely nothing to do. Actually, there's a stack of papers on my desk that need to be stapled but I am saving them so that I have something to do this afternoon. Normally, I am able to stay pretty busy at work, but over the last month or two things have really slowed down so I have had to find something else to do: research baby stuff online.

I tend to be a researcher in general; if I am going to buy something, I am going to read every review I can possibly find and search everywhere for the best possible price (Tom is the same way). This has definitely been true when it has come to buying baby things. Most of this research has been pretty productive (it was geared towards things that we actually need for the baby), but lately I have drifted. My most recent obsession has become Etsy. This is a website that I have looked at in the past for various other things, but since I am not a very crafty person it never held my interest like it does now. Basically, they have a bunch of things that I really don't need but that I love to look at. Here's what I've been drooling over today:

Pink and Brown Quilt
Nursing Cover
Baby Leg Warmers
Slippers
Art Print
And another print
Bib

Well, I guess I better find something productive to do. If there is anything.

5 comments:

betsey said...

hello! How come no mention of your birthday!??!?!? Happy Birthday to you! And I say splurge on some of those favorite baby things, I like the booties the best

Jan said...

Happy Birthday a day late! I'm sorry I didn't call - the evening got away from me! Hope you had a happy one.

Christy said...

Hey girl, i love the baby stuff you are wanting to get!!! I was going to tell you, my friend in flordia told me that babies r us is having a major blow out sale from feb 2- the 24th on tons of stuff, and if you dont have an ad, just pick on up when you walk in the store, anyway i dont know if it is going on in california, but it is here in texas and florida, so you should go there and see if you can get some good deals..! any names yet? Oh yes and the maybe room....man baby room, dave had one of those to but just like the docs said, it came out a girl.! But he still telling me we will have a man child, so let tom know he is not alone in the wanting of a man child.. HAHA Have a great day!

Christy said...

Ok i lied... the sale starts on the 4th of feb...

The Thomases said...

Erica - Your post made me laugh out loud! It reminds me of a job I used to have. Ever since I've firmly believed that it is better to have a job where your too busy rather than bored.

I LOVE your pics from Etsy. Especially the baby leg warmers. So cute! You could totally make the quilt. It looks easy. Maybe we should have a craft day!