Saturday, November 10, 2007

November

Wow, I can't believe it's November already. When I first found out that I was pregnant it seemed like time was moving so slowly. I was so excited to go to my first doctor's appointment that I felt like I waited for months instead of a couple of weeks. But since then, time has flown by. I am feeling much, much better, but my taste in food has definitely changed. I don't appreciate eating out nearly as much (I think this makes Tom sad because he still enjoys eating out just as much) and I feel like I could eat fruit all day long. I have also been extremely hungry in the mornings but don't have much of an appetite for the rest of the day. I had an appointment on Wednesday and everything seems to be going well and I was able to schedule my anatomy ultrasound for December 5th so we should be able to find out the baby's gender that day. Yay, I'm so excited :)

I would post a picture of myself, but I'm not showing yet at all. My clothes are definitely fitting a little differently, but I don't look pregnant. In fact, I haven't even told my co-workers yet. I told my boss a few weeks ago, but I haven't figured out how to tell my co-workers. It's just one of those things that doesn't come up in everyday conversation. I guess they'll figure it out eventually.

This morning Tom and I went to Burbank to have breakfast with my friend Cynthia who was Southern California for a job interview at a theater in Santa Barbara. She had a couple hours before her plane left, so we picked her up and went to this really busy bakery in Burbank. Cynthia was one of my best friends in high school so it was a lot of fun to get to see her.
On the way home Tom saw this sign and thought it was hilarious and insisted that I put it on the blog. It is pretty odd. I don't think I would want to eat $1 Chinese food.
Afterward Tom and I came home and went on a walk. We haven't been walking as much lately 1) because it is now dark when I leave for work and when I come home and 2) we were wary about the ash in the air from the fires. Our normal breathing air is probably not much better; we live right next to the freeway (seriously, we live like fifty feet from the freeway), but it was nice to go for a relaxing walk.

4 comments:

Jan said...

So - did Cynthia get the job? Glad ya'll were able to spend some time together.

Can't wait to learn the baby's gender!

The Thomases said...

I have found that pregnancy has done weird things to all parts of my body. I too eat a ton of fruit, which isn't unusual because I love fruit, but it's fruit I don't usually eat like applesauce and bananas.

I can't believe you're not showing yet! There's only 3 or 4 outfits I can still fit into. I've been putting off maternity shopping, but I don't think it's going to last much longer.

Good luck telling your co-workers. I was totally freaked out. Luckily they were really happy for me, I hope it's the same for you!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Tom is just as amused with the $1 Chinese food as I am! Here it's $1.35, but it's called $1.35 A Scoop Chinese Cuisine. The first time I saw it, I couldn't quit laughing.

Christy said...

Hey girl.....yes you say that is has gone fast... but believe it or not it will be here sooner then you think.. :0) anyway i have a blog to, here it is... www.gaskinsinhouston.blogspot.com