Sunday, March 16, 2008

A weekend where we actually did some stuff

I'm not going to lie - Tom and I have been sitting around like a couple of lazy bums for the last few weeks. This doesn't really give me an excuse for not updating the blog because I have had time to update, I just haven't had anything to update it with. I'm exhausted, we were both sick, I've been having trouble sleeping which means we've both been having trouble sleeping, and my feet and hands are swelling a little more every day. We have accomplished a few things on my to do list: we watched the first three seasons of Lost and I cleaned out and organized most of the man-baby room, but neither of these things haven't actually required leaving the apartment. So this weekend we wanted to get out and get some fresh air.

Friday after work we went to Santa Monica to the beach and to do a little shopping. The weather in LA had been perfect for the last few days (not too hot, not too cold and sunny) and we had a great time walking along the beach and wandering around the promenade.

Then yesterday we got up and went to the temple and then went to Westwood for some Chipotle and brownies. Tom loves Chipotle and when we lived in Westwood we really wished there was one nearby since the other two closest options are in Beverly Hills and both have difficult parking situations, but now that we've moved they have opened one up so we decided to check that out. It was delicious.

Overall, we have had a very nice weekend. Also, the other day when I was at CVS I saw an actress from one of my all-time favorite TV shows, NewsRadio. She played the secretary, Beth (the one with the red hair). This brings our celebrity citing total to: Dr. Rey, Rick Gomez, Eva La Rue, Eddie Izzard, Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens, and Tom has seen Wolfgang Puck and Jake Gyllenhall.

Speaking of celebrities, some of you may have seen this article which has been one of the headlines on msnbc.com for the last couple of days. Don't worry, I'm not one of these people. In fact, these people have to be morons because the day Britney Spears was admitted to the hospital all of the employees were sent at least three or four emails warning us that if we looked at her medical records we would be fired. I just thought it was interesting how much press that this was getting.

Also, speaking of running into people, I had a really random experience last weekend. Tom has been waiting for this Wii game to come out (Super Smash Brothers) and we went to Best Buy to see if we could pre-order it, but they weren't taking preorders but said they were having a mid-night opening on Saturday and we could get it then (Tom does not want me to include this part of the story since he thinks it makes him sound dorky, but I think it's a relevant and necessary part of the story). So Saturday at midnight I consented to accompany Tom to Best Buy to pick up the game, however THEY WEREN'T OPEN. I don't know what that employee had been thinking earlier in the week, but they apparently weren't having a midnight opening. So we decided to head over to the Best Buy in Westwood to see if they were open. They weren't. But while we were there I decided to run into Ralph's and pick up some milk (Note: we live within a few blocks of four grocery stores and I never go shopping at this Ralph's). So I walked in the door and I saw this guy from my freshman ward at BYU standing in the produce section. He had just flown in from Utah to check out the math grad department at UCLA and we just so happened to be in the same grocery store at 12:30 in the morning. So random. What is really interesting to me is how often things like this have happened to me over the last few years, but we will have to save those details for a future post. It really is a small world.

Anyway, I could write an entire post right now about how frustrated I am about trying to choose a name for the baby. We are both somewhat indecisive (to say the least). We always take way too long to order in restaurants and then usually regret our decisions after we've made them, but now we have to choose a name which is very permanent and very scary. At this rate, her birth certificate will probably just say Baby Girl Jackman.

6 comments:

The Thomases said...

Even though we've pretty much decided on Emma, I am still waiting to see her. Names are big decisions, don't feel rushed. Wait until she comes and then I bet the right name will come.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for getting out of the house! Yeah for a new blog post! Denise

kay.tee. said...

that's so funny that you ran into that guy, the mormon world is SO small. anyway, here's a link to something on baby names. i'm not sure if it's any good because i am just now reading it but it made me think of you!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23357561/

Ryan + Jess said...

Who did you run into? How crazy is that!! I am so excited for you - it is getting SO close! I don't envy you, having to think of a name. I have already started brainstorming for the next baby, which is still a ways off!

Jan said...

Glad ya'll were able to get out of the house and have some fun!

And don't worry about the name. I'm sure you'll know what to do when the baby gets here!

Brent said...

I don't think you are a dork Tom. I am holding my breath for a Xbox 360 game that is comning out soon. (And I don't even own an Xbox 360)

I will soon enough though.