Saturday, March 29, 2008

update

Yesterday was Cesar Chavez day so I was lucky enough to have the day off work. Tom and I went for a nice walk along Venice Beach. It had been a while since we had been there, and I had forgotten how many crazy people there are wandering around. There was this one guy walking around singing "Jingle bells, jingle bells, get me drunk today." Ha ha. Anyway, here's a picture of my handsome husband and one of me looking huge.
I had intended to take Thursday off so I could have a nice four day weekend to run errands and take care of things . . . but we have decided to try the version to see if we can flip the baby, so I'm taking this Tuesday off instead. My appointment is on Tuesday morning, so please keep us in your prayers. I have to be at the hospital at 8am. They are going to monitor the baby for about an hour, then try to flip the baby (which should only take about 10 minutes) and then regardless of whether the attempt is successful, I have to stay in the hospital for a few more hours so that they can make sure I'm not having any contractions and make sure that the baby is okay. The midwife said that she said there is about a 50-60% chance that it will work, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. I'll post on Tuesday after my appointment and hopefully we'll have some good news . . .

3 comments:

Jan said...

I'll keep you all in my prayers and hope the procedure works! Will look forward to hearing an update!

Hey, did you catch the Battlestar Galactica specials? I think most of them are showing again this week. I think ya'll would get a kick out of this show!

Ryan + Jess said...

I will be thinking of you - I hope all goes well! Glad you had a relaxing weekend - the time right before the baby comes is CRAZY because everything you do, you do for the last time without a baby!!!

The Thomases said...

Good Luck! Hopefully all will go well. We'll definitely remember you in our prayers!