Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happy Birthday Chase!

Ok, I realize my last post was wishing a happy birthday to my sister, but today is my brother's birthday and I don't want him to feel left out. Today my little brother is 20. Crazy. My brother and I have always gotten along really well and I really appreciate his sense of humor and his great taste in music and movies. I hope you had a wonderful birthday Chase :) Here's Chase with my niece Hailey:

Tom has been working hard at the firm. He has stayed late a couple nights finishing up some projects, but he has also had some fun times. Last week they saw Indiana Jones one evening, and yesterday they went to speedzone. I kind of miss going to firm activities like I did last summer, but I love staying home with Harper so I don't miss it that much. Here is a photo from yesterday:

This has been a pretty great week because of a couple of wonderful things. The first was that Harper slept for 6 hours one night! It only happened once and she has since gone back to sleeping 3-4 hours, but it was pretty amazing. The second was that a couple days ago Harper really mellowed out. She has always been a good baby, but she did not like to be set down while she was awake and she wanted to eat constantly. She will now hang out in her crib or swing for 20 or so minutes and remain perfectly happy. This has made my life much easier. Here are a few photos from the last week:

5 comments:

Jan said...

And Chase is a great guy, too! I still remember his long curls and how your mom cried when she had them cut the first time!

Glad Tom is getting some fun opportunities - and I'm sorry you couldn't go, too. Neither of these activities would been much fun for Harper. Maybe there will be other activities soon that she could enjoy, too!

Great new pictures!

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

You are right Jan, I hated to see those curls go. In some ways it is more difficult to see your son grow up than your daughters. Chase is a great kid. He was also my best baby. It is going to be difficult to have him gone for two years. I will really miss him.

I can't believe how much Harper has grown. It is amazing that in one week she has changed so much!

Anonymous said...

6 hours whoo hoo!! Hopefully the trend continues and this happens more often!

Anonymous said...

Wow, didn't take too long to hit "mellow". Keep up the wondeful parenting, you two.