Saturday, June 14, 2008

summary of our week

It has been a few days and my Mom called to complain that she wanted more pictures of her granddaughter, so I guess it's time to update. Tom got back from Washington DC late last night (woohoo!), but I will try to convince him to make a post about his trip.

Harper and I hung out at home all week. I had plans to go shopping and take care of some errands while Tom was gone since he normally has the car in the daytime, but instead we just hung out at home. It sounds boring, but it was pretty great. I love to hang out with Harper and she is getting more amusing every day. She now tracks movement (it's pretty jerky, but she does it), grins A LOT, and makes all kinds of gurgling and cooing sounds. And last night (I hope I don't jinx things by saying this) she slept for a 6.5 hour stretch. My favorite thing that she has started doing is when I pick her up, especially if she is upset, she hooks her arm around my shoulder and rests her head against my collar bone. It's so cute.

I have been trying to get a picture of Harper grinning, but I haven't had any luck. Every time I take out the camera she just stares at it and gets a really concerned look on her face. I did get a picture with a little smile in the car on our way to the mall today.
We went to the mall because none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit and I pretty much wear the same thing every day now. It's depressing. I didn't find anything (of course, sigh), but it was fun to spend some time with Tom since he has been gone all week.
Speaking of Tom being gone all week, I tried to take a picture of Harper each day that he was gone and send it to his Blackberry. Here are some of the photos I took.
Here's Harper first thing in the morning:
Here she is right after her bath:
Harper with bedhead (you can't really tell from this picture but it's sticking straight up in the back):
One last thing before I get to bed. I was reminiscing about this post the other day when I took this at the gas station by our apartment. I am so glad that we drive a hybrid.

5 comments:

Jan said...

Glad Tom made it home safely! Good luck with the shopping!

And - love the Harper pictures!

The Thomases said...

I'm glad you guys survived your week without Tom. It's so fun to read about Harper's developments and Emma is usually doing close to the same things. Emma is also starting to track things with her eyes, however we have one slight problem, she's not yet grasped the concept of turning her head left. She's great at turning it right, but for some reason doesn't like to turn it left. Funny huh. We are working on this as it is pretty important that we master this skill before we begin crossing streets, etc.

Melody said...

Thanks for posting more pictures. I even found a way to see more pictures of her. Denise has posted some darling ones of her and A.J. on her blog from this weekend. A grandma will go to all measures to see pictures of her grandaughter!

Melissa said...

Harper is SO cute!

I wish gas wasn't so expensive!

Rachael Hutchings said...

Post pregnancy clothing---aaaah, the eternal struggle! You'll get there eventually! It feels like it takes forever though. Some of my stuff still doesn't fit, even though I lost all of the baby weight ages ago, but most of it does.