Monday, August 04, 2008

I hope Harper likes cereal

Tom and I both really like breakfast cereal. Whenever I see one of our favorite cereals for around $1.50 or less, I will usually buy it and stash it in a random cupboard. I didn't realize how quickly the boxes have been accumulating. Tonight we decided we should try to figure out how many boxes we have and which ones are expiring soon because things have been getting a little out of control. If I remember correctly, there were 47 boxes of cereal plus a few boxes of oatmeal. I think I paid less than a dollar for most of these and quite a few of them were free after coupon, but I think I should probably take a little break from buying cereal before it overtakes our apartment.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Haha, that's funny! I remember getting tons of cereal when it was on sale a couple years ago and it took a while to finish (especially since my husband's not a big fan of it... he likes his eggs and bacon). Now I maybe have 6 or 7 boxes left from a recent sale.

betsey said...

I LOVE IT!! hahahahaha! I LOVE Harper's face as she is surrounded by the cereal! I hope you guys can finish this all before you move! Keep us posted :)

Jan said...

I agree with Betsey. Harper's face is just priceless!

Melody said...

That is hilarious! At least I know you and Tom aren't starving. Poor Harper is destined to have to like cereal.

Krysta said...

Now that is really funny. :)

The Thomases said...

I thought we were cereal fanatics. You've totally put us to shame!

Colleen said...

I love cereal! We just bought 20 boxes of it for $1 each.