Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Birthday Boy

In between the zillions of doctors visits we had this week between Jonah's well child visit and the 3 visits we made for Harper's UTI, we had a little cake.  I used a recipe from Tom's aunt Judy which uses a cake mix and a can of cherries and it is delicious.  Jonah thought so too.  I had to add some frosting to the recipe since that is the only part of cake that Harper will eat.

I didn't get any photos of Jonah opening his presents since we opened them that morning before Tom left for work.  But I did want to talk about one of Jonah's gifts that I am really excited about.
My grandparents were wondering what Jonah might like for his birthday, and I thought it would be a good idea if we got some fabric so that I could make him a quilt for his birthday.  I am really excited with how it turned out.  If you can't see from the photo, there are trucks and little dogs and I think it is a great little boy quilt.

I have been working furiously to finish the quilt this week which is a big reason why the blog has not been updated.  Also a big part of the reason that my house is a disaster right now, but I wanted to finish it close to his birthday.

Jonah think it's pretty awesome.

5 comments:

Jan said...

The quilt turned out great! Glad Jonah likes it!

Jan said...

The quilt turned out great! Glad Jonah likes it!

chrisjones said...

Love the quilt. Love the first picture, too.
A. Chris

RT said...

That last picture...trying to decide if that is an "angelic" face or a "watch out" expression...

Denise P said...

What a talented lady you are!! First you made such a cute baby, now a cute quilt. :-)