Wednesday, July 06, 2011

boring

Life has been pretty boring lately so I haven't had much to blog about.  We were on vacation for a week in June and Tom still billed his normal number of hours for the month so he has been incredibly busy at work.  While he has been busy we have been taking lots of walks, going to the park, and hanging out around the house.
Harper's skin is still recovering from a week in the desert. Her eczema has been out of control and her poor little hands are so leathery.  
On the 4th of July we went to an indoor play place in the mall by our house.  I have never been, but it is free on Mondays for the rest of the month so I think we will be going again.  Afterward we had some watermelon. What is the 4th of July without watermelon?  It was pretty hot outside (80 degree is considered pretty hot around here) so Harper was bright red.  She inherited that lovely quality from me.  
We all have a hard time with Tom being at work so much, but I think it is the hardest on Harper.  She is such a Daddy's girl.  See this angelic smile?
That's the face she makes when she's doing something naughty.  We've been seeing this face a lot lately.

We do have something to look forward to since my Mom is coming to town on Sunday and I am so excited :)

2 comments:

Melody said...

I am so excited too! It will be great to spend some time with you. The kids are growing up too fast. I don't want to miss a thing.

Jan said...

Looks like you are having fun, anyway!

Tom, now you know why it is called paid vacation. You pay before you go, while you're gone -- and after you get back!