Wednesday, April 11, 2007

it's a small world after all

Last night Tom surprised me after work. He told me he was going to stay late at school, but as I walked out of my building he was right there waiting for me. We took the bus out to Santa Monica to do a little wandering around (this is one of my favorite things to do) and on the bus I had a chance encounter. I would say that this is probably the second strangest event of this nature that I have ever had.

The first one happened in the Dallas airport. Forgive me if this is a little confusing. During my senior year of high school I went to Texas for my spring break. Most of my other friends went to New York to compete in the national Model UN conference. Another friend (who had graduated a couple years earlier) was a staff member for the Model UN conference and was going to college in San Antonio. Little did I know that coming back from the conference (New York to San Antonio) she had a layover in Dallas. So I was just sitting there waiting for my flight . . . and right there this girl I know from high school (my high school in Salt Lake) walked right by me. We ended up sitting and chatting while we waited for our flights, but it was pretty strange and very random.

Well, yesterday as we got on the bus to go to Santa Monica, this girl got on who looked very familiar but I couldn't really tell because she was wearing big sunglasses sunglasses. After we had been sitting there for a few minutes, I realized that it was a girl that I went to high school with. What are the chances that Tom and I would randomly take the bus one day and randomly run into a girl who I didn't even know was living in LA. It is a small world after all.

Anyway, we enjoyed our evening in Santa Monica. We walked over to the beach and did some much-needed clothes shopping. Tom has lost enough weight in the last few weeks that his old jeans were too big. And we attempted to take a few pictures of ourselves with Tom's phone-camera:





























1 comment:

Jan said...

The moral of the story is that you can't do anything wrong when you're off somewhere thinking no one will ever know - because someone you know will see you!

Looks like ya'll had some fun....