Monday, February 18, 2008

10 Week Countdown

Tom and I have been taking it very easy this weekend. Since we've both been feeling a little under the weather and because this is one of the last three day weekends we have before the baby is born, we wanted some time to relax and spend some time together. We went to dinner, went for a few walks, and watched the entire first season and most of the second season of Lost. We were going to save the Lost-a-thon for late nights with the baby, but we got a little impatient. Not exactly a productive weekend, but it was very relaxing.

I had a really great experience this last week. I had been a little concerned because I hadn't felt the baby move much for a couple of days, so I emailed one of the midwives that I have been seeing and she made me an appointment to have the baby's heart rate monitored. I was pretty nervous (let's face it, I'm always pretty nervous), but the two women who work in the fetal diagnostics office were so nice and they didn't even make fun of me for being nervous. They hooked me up to a monitor for 20 minutes and got to hear the baby's heart rate go up and down as she was moving. It was amazing. Then they did an ultrasound to make sure everything looked ok, and everything was great. I'm so glad that I was able to have this experience and the baby has been moving like crazy ever since.

We only have about 10 more weeks. Actually, I'm hoping that she'll hold on for a few extra days (though I'm sure I won't feel that way in a few weeks) because the new hospital is supposed to open on May 4th (that's 6 days after my due date) and the new hospital is SO nice. We are slowly getting a little more ready (this week we got the crib mattress). Here's a slide show with an updated picture from this week, but I think I look smaller than last week.

4 comments:

Melody said...

You look great! I can't believe the time is getting so close. We spent the day today with Grandma, Grandpa and lots of the cousins. I think we watched the Ellen show at least 4 times. Everyone loved seeing you pregnant. You have lots of family here who are so excited for you!

The Thomases said...

That happened to me once too. I totally feaked out and became a crying mess. Of course, everything was ok and now I just realize that sometimes she has some days where she just chills.

You look great BTW! What hospital are you delivering at?

Anonymous said...

oh wow, you're looking great!! i don't think you look smaller this week, you just look like you're standing different.

Ryan + Jess said...

I'm glad all is well - I was totally a paranoid mom, too! I think everyone is. Talk about facing the unknown!

Hopefully the hospital will open early because being in a nice hospital really makes a difference. Or else you can try to hold out!!