Friday, September 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Kara!

Today is my sister Kara's 22nd birthday. We have always had little bit of an adversarial relationship, but she is my sister and I love her and I'm proud of all the things that she has accomplished. Plus, now that we live a thousand miles apart (and she can no longer borrow my clothes without asking or use my makeup), we get along much better. Here are a few interesting things about Kara:
1. She lives in Denver where she is does hair. Last time I saw her she cut my hair and did a really great job.
2. When she was in 1st grade Kara's teacher told my mom that if she had to leave the room, she could leave Kara in charge of the class because she could boss everyone around.
3. When Kara was little her best friend, Morgan, was really shy and didn't like to talk in front of people so Morgan would whisper what she wanted to say into Kara's ear and Kara (who is definitely NOT shy) would relay the message.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Let me add "Happy Birthday, Kara" to your blog since she hasn't updated hers!

Melody said...

As a mom, I cherish those moments when I see the two of you getting along. I am so proud of both of you. I miss having you as little girls, but I love having you as adult daughters. I just wish you both lived closer.