Sunday, September 14, 2008

I can't think of anything to title this post . . .

Life has been pretty great lately. Having Tom home more hours during the week has been SO nice. We spent some time at Venice Beach recently, but forgot to take the camera. We also had dinner at Apple Pan with our fellow BYU-alum and current Irell employee Jamie. But the highlight of the week was the BYU/UCLA game yesterday. All four years that I was at BYU, the football team was terrible so it is nice to see a resounding victory. I have also started working a few hours a week at my old job. They are short staffed, so I am working a few flexible hours while Tom stays home with Harper.

Harper seems to have gone through a growth spurt recently and now fits into some of her 6 month clothes. She is really into squealing when she gets excited and is still hating tummy time. She has gotten good enough at flipping over that within about two seconds of being on her tummy she rolls over onto her back. Harper is also getting better at sitting with minimal assistance (see photos below).

Here she is hanging out in her jumperoo. This is pretty typical of what she does (although she is getting better at playing with the toys). She usually has one hand in her mouth and the other one trying to get that blue toy into her mouth.
And finally, here is a baby picture of me with a picture of Harper (I still need to get a baby picture of Tom so we can compare them). I'm not sure how old I am in this photo, but I think we're around the same age. I am seeing more and more similarities with Tom as she gets older, but I still think she looks a lot like me.

5 comments:

Melody said...

I believe you a bit younger than Harper in that picture. I think you were 3 months. You had something supporting you to sit you up. You were sitting up without any help by 5 months. That dress is darling on her. I can't wait to see her!

betsey said...

Oh the joys of Third year! I'm so jealous! It stinks having Richard gone all day, every day. I love being able to go to Target at 2:00 p.m. on a Wednesday with Richard.

I think that Harper looks like you in the last picture where she is smiling. She is so beautiful Erica!

Anonymous said...

I have a professionally taken photo of Tom somewhere in my photo box...I will try to email it to you for comparison purposes. He was a darling baby. (speaking srictly without prejudice)

Jan said...

Thanks for posting an update! I check every day! Harper just gets cuter and cuter. I can't wait to see her in person!

And - I see both of you in Harper!

The Thomases said...

She definitely looks alot like you!