Sunday, September 21, 2008

Harper's bumbo escape attempt

Harper gets bored very easily. Regardless of where we put her, she will be entertained for 5-10 minutes and then want to be picked up. Recently, she has expressed her boredom by trying to escape from her bumbo seat. Here is a sequence of photos that demonstrate what happened when I put her in her bumbo today.
1. This is fun, I love the bumbo seat
2. Ok, maybe "love" wasn't the best word
3. I'm getting a little agitated, please come get me
4. Get me now!
5. Where are you?
6. I guess I'm going to have to do this myself
I was pretty impressed (and scared) by how close she came to popping right out.

We've had a rough week. We found out last night that Harper has her third urinary tract infection (poor baby) and she has not been very happy about it. We started antibiotics last night and she seems to be feeling a little better. Poor girl, hopefully this will be her last one. We did find out that she now weighs 15.5 pounds and is otherwise doing great. She has even started to grow some of her hair back. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Jan said...

LOL - great descriptions!

Bad news - being easily bored runs in the family.

The Thomases said...

I guess that's why they say never put the bumbo on a counter (I need to stop doing that!!). I really hope Harper's infections are over. I just can't believe how big she's getting!