Thursday, October 23, 2008

6 months old and our 200th post

Wow, 200 posts. It seems like I was just making our 100th post, but since this has turned into The Harper Blog and she is infinitely more interesting than we are, I guess that explains the increased posting. For our 100th post we listed some interesting things about us. So I guess for our 200th post I'll list a couple of interesting things about Harper.

1. She currently weighs 16 lbs. 9 oz. and is 26 inches long. That puts her around the 50th percentile for weight and a little above the 50th percentile for height. When she was born she weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 20 inches long, so she's more than double her birth weight now.
2. She likes when I read her The Very Hungry Caterpillar. She has shown a preference for this book for a couple of months, but I haven't really figured out what she likes about it so much. It is a pretty great little book.
3. She has really bad cradle cap and eczema. Seriously, don't look at the back of her head. It's not a pretty sight.
4. She loves my cell phone and the remote control. If I'm holding her and I feel her diving for something, it is reasonable to assume that one of the two is somewhere nearby.
5. Harper loves squash. Ok, at this point she has only tried squash and peas, but the squash was a big hit. She got really excited every time I gave her a spoonful. It looks like she has inherited her parents' love of food.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Kaitlyn has eczema too.... ehh. i hope she grows out of it.. a lot of kids who have eczema are allergic to peanut butter as well (just a heads up!)

Jan said...

Hopefully the eczema will clear up. She's such a cutie!

BTW- I like hearing about you and Tom, too!

Anonymous said...

AJ liked everthing except the peaches (too runny?), but he doesn't seem to REALLY like anything so far. Have fun!

Brent said...

I don't think I could count the times that I have read The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Probably in the hundreds. The girls just love the end when he turns into a BEAUTIFUL BUTTERFLY!!!