Saturday, October 11, 2008

garage sale shopping

Last weekend while we were Tucson, we went garage sale shopping with Tom's mom and his sister Robyn. It was a lot of fun. In the area that Robyn lives in, they have biannual community garage sales so we went to probably two dozen different houses and got several cute things for Harper.

This past week I have been looking forward to doing a little garage sale shopping in LA so I found a sale in Venice that looked good (it didn't start until 9am, hooray for not getting up early) and headed over there this morning. I was a little worried that everything would be overpriced or that everything would be gone by the time I got there, but it was pretty fantastic (let's face it, I'm kind of a sucker for clothing brands that I can't afford). The woman who was hosting the sale only had one child but had enough baby clothing for about ten. There were crates and crates of little girls clothes. We got a very new looking pair of these for 50 cents, some really cute Janie and Jack outfits for a dollar each, and a bag full of other things. Yay! I think I'm going to be doing more garage sale shopping in the future, anyone want to come with me?

6 comments:

The Thomases said...

I would so be there if I didn't live a gazzilion miles away!! I am a sucker for Janie and Jack.

Anonymous said...

YES! I definitely want to go with you next time (if that's okay.) I've wanted to do garage sales in LA for so long, but I've never really looked any up. Let me know the next time you go!

Jenna said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!!
Let me know!

Jan said...

A garage sale that starts at 9? Isn't that like 5 a.m. in California?

Have fun!

The Maucotel's said...

How do you find garage sales? I would love to go with you if you ever go where they have boys stuff too!

Anonymous said...

The community or multi-family sales are the best. When a HOA organizes a sale folks have plenty of time to prepare or they know it will be a certain time of the year. All the organizing pays off big for the shoppers and sellers. For additional deals try a free online garage sale. The internet is another great source for ease and convenience.

Good luck