Friday, May 02, 2008

bath time

I can't believe how much Harper has changed in the last week and a half. She will actually let me bathe her and change her diaper without screaming and she has started sucking her thumb when she gets upset. My mom and I have been having fun just hanging out at home and taking turns holding her. Unfortunately, she spends most of the afternoon sleeping and then wants to wake up every 90 minutes or so at night. I'm pretty tired, but Harper is wonderful and I love spending time with her.

Here's a photo of Harper with her glow worm. If she gets really upset and I squeeze the glow worm so that it plays music, she usually calms down for a few seconds. It's really cute
Here's Harper with my mom. She's trying to find her thumb. I think most of the time she finds it by accident, but it seems like she's finding it more often.
We gave Harper a bath tonight and she seemed to love it (every other bath she has had involved a lot of screaming). She even tried to drink the bath water. The bath went well, but she didn't enjoy the cold air after her bath.


3 comments:

Jan said...

Ah, sleepless nights! Sorry about that - maybe she'll grow out of it soon! She is worth it!

Anonymous said...

a thumb sucker how great! No searching for pacifiers, no keeping them clean, you're blessed.

The Thomases said...

First of all let me say that I can't believe what a good blogger you are! You inspire me! I'm glad that the baths and diaper changes are going smoother. We gave Emma her first little sponge bath last night and she was not a happy camper!