Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

This was my first Mother's Day and I am now more grateful for my mother than ever. I love the relationship that I have with my mother and I really hope that I can have a similar relationship with Harper. My mother is fantastic. Here are a few of the many, many things I love and admire about my mom:
  • she stayed up late checking my math homework every night when I was in elementary school
  • she handles a classroom full of middle school students better than anyone I've ever seen
  • she went back to college to get her teaching certification when I was in high school and then got a masters degree
  • she ran a daycare full of crazy kids until I was 15 so that she could stay home with us
  • she has always supported the decisions that I have made
  • she has a great sense of humor and I love laughing with her
  • she is an amazing cook, she makes the best rolls, yum :)
  • she is a wonderful grandmother to Harper and I have had so much fun dressing Harper in the cute clothes she bought her
That is just a very short list of the many wonderful things about my mom. I'm pretty sure I posted this picture last year, but I love it so I'm going to post it again anyway. Here's a picture of me with my mother and my mother's mother from when I got my bridal pictures taken:
And I know that all of my family is now reading strictly for photos of Harper, here are a couple. Today was her first day at church. Tom took some photos of me and Harper afterward, but she was not very cooperative.

2 comments:

Melody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melody said...

Oh, so sweet. Your post is the best mother's day gift ever! It is such a great feeling to think of the daughter that I gave birth to is now a mother. I loved watching you with Harper. I miss you both so much!