Sunday, May 25, 2008

Well, Tom just finished his first week at work and so far so good. The office he is working at is much smaller than the office he worked at last summer so there are only a few other summer associates. Harper and I enjoyed our first week home alone. It seems to me like she's getting really big, but everyone still comments about how tiny she is. She has started to smile more, though I have yet to catch a really good one with the camera, and she has actually slept for a 4.5+ stretch at night a couple of times. Woohoo. My brother, Chase, has requested a picture of Harper with a mohawk. I took this one the other day. I don't think she liked it.

I have been contemplating whether Harper looks more like me or Tom. I don't have a picture of Tom when he was a newborn, but here is one of me to compare:Other than the fact that we both have a lot of unruly hair, I don't think we look much alike. I was quite happy to discover that she did not inherit my ears. I do, however, think she inherited my long, skinny, monkey-like toes:

By the way, we are going to bless Harper in my mom's ward in Salt Lake next month and everyone is welcome to attend. Her blessing will be on June 29th at 1 pm. My parents ward meets here and then we are going to be getting together for refreshments afterward. Let me know if you have any questions.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Not sure who she looks like, but she is awfully cute!

Anonymous said...

I don't think she looks much like Tom. I am going to have to drag out some photos and see. So far the only grandchild who right away really resembles a parent is AJ, who has a lot of John's features...and Sydney who looks a lot like Brent. I never thought any of our kids looked like either of us...maybe a little now that they are grown up.

Ryan + Jess said...

I can't believe all the hair you had as a baby! It looks like it was so thick! Don't you love having a baby with hair?

We will be in Provo the week BEFORE your blessing! I was excited that we might be there...but no. I'm sure it will be wonderful and so great that you will be able to have family there.