Tuesday, May 06, 2008

ER Visit (don't worry, it wasn't for Harper)

Sorry I haven't posted any pictures in a couple of days. Harper and I took a nap Monday afternoon and when we woke up, I was shaking and had a fever of 102. Groan. I called the ER since my doctor's office was already closed and I was worried that my c-section incision might be infected, and they told me that I should come in. Three hours later I found out that it was just a really bad urinary tract infection and I am now on antibiotics. I'm feeling a little better, but this has definitely slowed me down a little. I am so grateful for Tom. He spent all of that time in the ER with me even though he really needed to be preparing for finals. I have such a wonderful husband.

Speaking of my wonderful husband . . . Tom has a final paper due tomorrow, but instead of working on it earlier this evening, I found him hanging out with Harper. They're so cute together

Harper is doing great. We had her 2 week appointment on Monday and she is getting closer to her birth weight, though we have to go back next week to make sure she is still gaining weight. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. when she was born and she was 7 lbs. 11 oz. on Monday (she was down to 7 lbs. 4 oz. at her first appointment). She is quite a bit more alert during the daytime which has been fun (but I am getting a lot less done). My mom went home on Sunday night and we are missing her. It was so nice to get to spend time with her and have some extra help, especially since Tom has been busy with finals.

Yesterday we got a package in the mail from Irell (the firm that Tom worked for last summer) and it had this beautiful blanket with Harper's name and date of birth. They have been so good to us :)

3 comments:

Tom said...

Don't worry, that purple hand in the second shot has more to do with a bath Harper was just given than any kind of object around her wrist cutting off her blood flow.

Melody said...

I'm glad you are feeling better Erica. I am sure missing Harper. Thanks for posting more pictures. There not quite like seeing her in person, but it helps me to not miss her so much. She seems like she has already changed since Sunday.

Jan said...

Glad you're better, Erica, and hope you're back in running form soon!

Tom, I think you should call Harper your "Shadow." She looks at you with such a sweet expression!

I'm glad she is photogenic - can't wait to see her in person!