Friday, July 04, 2008

night out with the firm

Last night we left Harper with our wonderful friends Jean and Peter and went to dinner with Hogan. This was the first time that we had left her with someone other than a family member (we left her with my family on Saturday night when we went to see Wall-E, which we loved). It was a progressive dinner so they had scheduled a place for us to go for appetizers, dinner, and dessert. We skipped the dessert because I wanted to get back to Harper, but we had a great time.

Hogan rented a Hummer limo for us to get from place to place. This was the first time I had been in a limo so I was pretty excited, but they fit 19 of us inside so the novelty wore off pretty quickly.
Unfortunately, on our way to One Sunset for appetizers, the limo drive got pulled over for running a red light. He then took us to the wrong restaurant, so the evening got off to a rough start. After the appetizers we went to The Lobster, which is right by the Santa Monica pier. I got to try lobster for the first time and, although it was an interesting experience, I don't think I will be trying it again. It was a little too rich for me.
Overall, we had a great evening :) It was great to spend some time getting to know some of the people that Tom has been working with this summer.

1 comment:

Jan said...

The limo drive ran the red light????? I'm glad y'all had a good time.....