Wednesday, July 30, 2008

warning: gross pictures

We have had a long day. I don't know if Harper is having a hard time with the antibiotic or if she's still bothered by the infection or if something else is wrong(she has also had a low grade fever in the evenings), but she has been very cranky lately. I'm also having a really difficult time getting her to swallow her medicine. Her previous antibiotics were nice and pink and smelled very sugary, but this one is a very ugly yellow color and it smells bitter. She does not like it. She has pretty much thrown up or spit out the medicine every time I have given it to her. In fact, after putting her to bed this evening, I walked in to find this (sorry, I know this is gross, but I'm sharing anyway):However, she was in a really good mood. We have been debating when we should move Harper from her bassinet to her crib, but I guess she made the decision for us.

On the bright side, one good thing did happen today. A few weeks ago I bought Harper some booties because I had read that they were basically impossible for a baby to kick off. She wore them once and although she couldn't kick them off, they really irritated her feet. I emailed the company to let them know about the problem. I actually got an email back from the president of the company apologizing and offering to send me an outfit if I would send the booties back. I got the "outfit" today and it was a lot more than I was expecting. Here is Harper with the package before I opened it (I thought the packaging was adorable):The package contained a dress, some leggings, a jumper, a sweater, a beanie, a hat, a bib, a pair of socks, and a blanket. I am so impressed with this company. Here's Harper in the hat. It's a little big on her, but it's so cute!

4 comments:

Melody said...

Okay...I guess the cute hat makes up for the gross throw up pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

OK - gross pictures! YUCK! I feel Harper's pain..... Will the doctor let her eat yogurt? Or is she still too young?

Loved the other ones, though.....

It never hurts to follow up when a product doesn't do as promised! Glad to see this company followed back through....

RT said...

This makes my heart hurt!

Melissa said...

What's the name of the company? It sounds like they're good with customers.