Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ouch

My feet are swollen. I whined about them being swollen a few weeks ago, but it has gotten worse. Notice from this picture that I no longer have ankles:
Sorry, I know you don't want to see my ugly feet, but I need to share my pain. Tom took this picture the other day when I got home from work. Normally I have what I refer to as ugly step-sister feet (they are long and skinny), but for the last week they have looked like this (or worse) every day. Ouch. It is a good thing I wear comfortable shoes.

Here is an updated 38 week photo. I had my last doctor's appointment yesterday and I had gained more weight in a week than I thought was physically possible (although I think some of that can be blamed on the swelling). Scary.

We are still on for the c-section on the 22nd so it looks like we're going to have an Earth Day baby. The c-section is scheduled for 8am. I'm not sure what the internet situation is going to be in the hospital, but we will try to get some photos up sometime on Tuesday. We have made a bit of a naming breakthrough. We now have a short list of names, but it may take us a day or so to decide. I am SO excited. I just have to make it through one more day of work and clean the house this weekend, but that is easier said than done.

By the way, I was just going through some stuff and we have two free passes to either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Animal Park if anyone wants them. They expire on 4/30 so you'd have to use them pretty quickly. I would gladly send them or bring them to anyone who could use them. There are also two coupons for $5 off an adult ticket or $3 of a child ticket which also expire on 4/30.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Ouch is an understatement! Well - BJ will be here soon! You are beautiful!

Vicki said...

Ow-y on the feet. I'm sorry. :-( But looking forward very much to seeing pictures of your new little one. Exciting! :-)

Morgan Moore said...

Oh my gosh- I feel your pain. My feet look exactly the same (okay maybe even puffier!) Hang in there-it's almost over ; )

I'm debating on the passes- do you still have them?

xoxo

Christy said...

GIRL, i know exactly how you feel, my feet did the same thing with callie, it actually scared me!!! But the docs said i was fine.... but guess what... two days after i had her and actually had time to sit down, i looked at my feet and was SOOO and not even joking excited that i had ankels and i could see between my toes.. dave and my mom thought i was crazy i got up started to do a happy dance!! HAHA..! So two days after your baby is here look at your feet, and you will never be as happy with ( as you say it ugly step sister feet)with those feet ever in your life!! :)

Ryan + Jess said...

Oh, Erica I'm so sorry! Those last few weeks are so hard - I'm sure I don't have to tell you! I will be thinking of you on the 22nd.

Even though it is hard, you should for sure take some time for you and your hubby before the little one comes along

Anonymous said...

The secret torture for the end of your pregnancy. My doc actually gave me a diruetic with my first baby, but I guess the going style is to let the Mom tough it out. Keep your feet up, and enjoy the last few hours of just you and Tom.

The Thomases said...

Oh! Your poor feet! Luckily you have a definite day and the swelling will be over soon! Best of luck to you guys on Tuesday. We'll be thinking of you!

Kristina said...

my feet were the same way!!! ryan would grab my feet and watch the dents he made rise from my feet. it was so gross. haha. dont worry, the second or 3rd day after you have the baby your feet will def. go back to normal.. :)

Krysta said...

I have a picture of my feet looking the same way. I feel your pain :) Good Luck on Tuesday!